Hi, I hope you all had a lovely weekend. Today I am sharing with you some Basil Lemon Pesto Pasta.
This pesto is really easy and takes no time at all to prepare. I have not added garlic to my pesto but if you like garlic add one clove to the blender when you add the pine nuts.
Any pasta can be used even whole wheat or kamut pasta.
Fresh pesto is really easy and you can also play around a bit, you could add a bit of chilly if you wish, add the garlic as I said above. Adding some fresh tomatoes to the pasta would also be wonderful. Extra parmesan cheese can also be added or sprinkled on top of the pasta.
Pesto can be used with many things too, you could use it as a dressing and drizzle it over a salad, make some pesto bread, put it on some chicken, etc.
I am sorry that I only posted once last week, my parent have come out and it has been a busy time.
I hope you enjoy and I will be back on Wednesday with something very chocolaty 🙂 🙂 🙂
- 60g basil leaves
- ½ zest of a lemon and juice
- 125ml olive oil
- 30g parmesan cheese
- 15g pine nuts
- 400g pasta
- Using a stick blender blend the basil leaves until fine add the lemon zest and juice, pine nuts and half the oil and blend some more and then add the rest of the oil and blend for a few seconds more.
- The above can all be done with a mortar and pestle if you prefer.
- Bring a pot of salty water to the boil and cook your chosen pasta for 1 minute less than the instructions say.
- Drain and return to the same pot and on a medium heat add the pesto and mix and toss the pasta for around for 2 minutes, once the pesto has warmed through and the pasta has cooked serve.