Hi, today I am sharing a quick and easy post of Chickpea and Green Pea Falafel.
These may not look the best but they sure do taste fantastic. They can be served as a main meal of made smaller and eaten as a snack or started.
I said that these Chickpea and Green Pea Falafel would serve 4 people as a main meal however the you can make them bigger or smaller, mine were roughly about 6cm x 1cm.
They are really easy to make and you could even made the Chickpea and Green Pea Falafel mixture ahead of time. If you think that your mixture looks really runny or it is not holding together enough you can add a bit more flour but be careful not to add too much. You can cook one and test it first to see if it holds together.
I hope the rest of your week goes well, enjoy xx
These Chickpea and Green Pea Falafel were inspired and adapted from the kitchn.
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 150g green peas, defrosted
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 small onion, quarted
- a good handful parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 7 tablespoons plain flour
- vegetable oil for frying
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor EXCLUDING the oil. Until well combined but still with some texture. You do not want it as a puree.
- Heat up some oil in a frying pan on a medium heat and add a tablespoon of the mixture to the hot oil, flatten the mixture a little bit and fry until lovely and golden in colour. Place on a plate with some kitchen towel, repeat until all the mixture is finished adding some more oil to the pan as needed.