Hi, today I am sharing a lovely Courgette Pistachio Pasta with Rocket Pesto, that is easy to make and is great for the warmer weather.
You can play around with the pesto, you could make it more minty, or jut use rocket if you prefer and leave the parsley out, i’m sure it will turn out great.
Any pasta can be used to make this pasta dish but this time I felt to use fettuccine :), you could also use a pasta that can catch the courgette’s and the pistachio’s in it.
I hope you are able to have a go at this Courgette Pistachio Pasta with Rocket Pesto as it is really easy to make and you don’t have to think too much which is great for weekday cooking but this is also perfect for a Sunday lunch too.
I hope you had a lovely weekend and were able to recharge for the new week xx
- 320g Fettuccine or any other pasta
- 2 medium courgettes, chopped into ½cm cubes
- 30g pistachio, roughly chopped
- 40g parmesan, grated
- 1 lemon zest + ½ lemon juice
- 60ml olive oil + 1 tablespoon
- 6 large mint leaves
- 5g parsley
- 30g rocket
- salt and pepper
- Using a blender blend the parmesan, parsley, mint,15g rocket, zest of 1 lemon and juice from half a lemon and 60ml olive oil until fine.
- The above can all be done with a mortar and pestle if you prefer.
- Bring a pot of salty water to the boil and cook your chosen pasta for 1 minute less than the instructions say.
- In a large pan on a medium to high heat add one tablespoon of olive oil and cook the courgettes with a sprinkle of salt until just cooked through.
- Once the pasta is cooked add it to the same pan as the courgettes and mix and toss the pasta for around 2 minutes while adding in the rocket pesto and the pistachios.
- Roughly chop the remaining 15g of rocket.
- Once the pesto has warmed through and the pasta has cooked serve with some rocket sprinkled over the top.