Hi, are you having a good day? Today I am sharing a lovely Courgette Ricotta Pesto Pasta.
This Courgette Ricotta Pesto Pasta is really yummy and I think it is lovely in the summer time. You can double up on the quantities but just check before you add the juice of a whole lemon. As all lemons are different, the amount of juice they produce can vary a lot too. I would also add the lemon juice slowly, when making the Courgette Ricotta Pesto Pasta for 2. You can always add more but can’t remove it once you have added it 🙂
You can also add more olive oil to the pesto if you prefer, you will then not need to add so much of the pasta water when mixing the pasta and pesto together in the pan.
I hope you enjoy this Courgette Ricotta Pesto Pasta and have a lovely week xx
- 200g Pasta - fettuccine
- juice and zest of ½ lemon
- 5 large basil leaves
- 10g parmesan cheese, grated
- 200g courgette, sliced very fine
- 25g almonds, toasted
- 40g ricotta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil + extra if needed
- salt and pepper
- Put a pot of salty water on to boil.
- Place 1½ tablespoons in a pan, on a medium to high heat add the courgettes and some salt and cook until they are starting to brown.
- In a bowl, add the lemon zest, basil leaves, parmesan cheese, ¾ of the cooked courgettes, 20g toasted almonds,ricotta and 1½ tablespoons olive oil. Using a blender, blend it all together. Once blended place it in the pan you cooked the courgettes in and start to warm through just before you add the pasta (do not clean the pan out before adding the pesto).
- Cook the pasta as per the instructions but remove 1 - 2 minutes before it is finished. Remove from the pot using a slotted spoon or some tongs and add to the pan that has the pesto in it. Squeeze over half the lemon and finish off the cooking in the pan. Add some of the pasta water to the pasta to keep it from drying up (add about 8 tablespoons of the water or more if needed while you are finishing the cooking of the pasta). Add some freshly ground black pepper, check the seasoning and keep mixing the pasta so it cooks evenly.
- Add the remaining courgettes and mix through, serve and then sprinkle over the remaining toasted almonds.