These Lemon Curd Biscuits are really easy and very tasty. Homemade biscuits /cookies are just the best, don’t you think?
I really loved how these Lemon Curd Biscuits turned out, I have seen biscuits with lemon curd on the top but instead of placing it on top I decided to add it into the biscuit mixture instead. I was super happy with the outcome!
You can make these biscuit larger or smaller if you wish to, just adjust the cooking time as needed. This recipe was adapted from Dan Lepard’s book Short and Sweet, I sometimes just want some ingredients that I can mix together and at the end you have some yummy biscuits. In the original recipe, which i’m sure taste wonderful, he has a shortbread cookie on the bottom with the lemon curd mixture on top…but easy peasy biscuits were needed 🙂
Have a great weekend xx
Inspired and adapted from Short and Sweet by Dan Lepard
- 100g good lemon curd
- 50g rolled oats
- 50ml double cream
- 100g unsalted butter, softened
- 100g caster sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 150g plain flour
- 2 tbsp ground rice
- In a small bowl, combine the oats, cream and lemon curd.
- Cream the lemon zest with the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the FLOUR, give it a quick mix and then mix together with the lemon curd mixture. Place some clingfilm over the bowl and refrigerate for an hour or so or until the dough is firm.
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a large baking tray with baking paper. Using a tablespoon measure, take the dough and roll into a ball. Place the dough ball on the baking tray leaving a good spaces between them. Using a fork lightly press down on each one.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until the biscuits have browned.
- Leave to cool for a few moments before transferring them to a wire rack, then leave to get cold.