Hi, so it is nearly Valentines Day and I wanted to do something really easy that does not take up much time and looks cute too, so I decided to do some Rice Krispie Treats.
I piped my chocolate ganache using a small nozzle and just played around with the decorating pattern.
How do you like my little cow I made? I was very please with the way she turned out 🙂 She is my first little sugarcraft character I made.
Have a lovely weekend and I hope you are able to have a go at making a little something in your kitchen.
I have a list of things I would like to try and make but with a nearly 6 month old everything does not always go as planned…well, I seem to not plan too many things these days and if I am able to do certain things I jump for joy 🙂 🙂 🙂
I hope you enjoy xx
(the recipe is half of the Rice Krispie Treats Original Recipe)
- 700g Rice Krispies
- 22ml /3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 140g regular marshmallows
- pink or red food colouring (optional)
- FOR THE GANACHE
- 110g dark chocolate
- 7g unsalted butter
- 90ml cream
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over low heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir until they have completely melted (add food colouring at this stage if using).
- Remove the pan from heat.
- Add the rice krispies to the pan and combine until all the cereal is well coated (you will need to work quite quickly.
- Spoon the mixture into your chosen dish an press it down, you may want to use your hands or you could even use some backing parchment over the top and push the mix into place.
- Allow to cool
- When the treats are cooled, use a heart shape cookie cutters to cut up the treats.
- To make the GANACHE
- Put the chocolate and butter into a bowl and set aside
- Heat the cream by placing a heat proof bowl over simmering water (Bain-Marie). You want the cream to be just hot enough to melt the chocolate. The cream is ready when it starts to bubble just at the edges but it must not come to the boil.
- Remove from the heat and add the chocolate and the butter. Keep stirring until the chocolate has melted and it has come together.
- Allow it to cool only slightly before piping it onto the rice krispie treats
- Serve, and enjoy!