HI, Today I am sharing a yummy Tuna Pasta that can be put together in no time at all.
This Tuna Pasta is great to make on the days that you feel very tired or just do not feel to stand in the kitchen but need to put something on the table 🙂
You can use any pasta of your choice but I would suggest a pasta that the tuna can get caught in so you can have a delicious mouthful of pasta and tuna.
It is important that you reserve some of the pasta water when you drain the pasta as you will need to use it to finish off the cooking of the pasta as it will help the pasta to stay moist and stop drying out.
I hope you enjoy xx
- 200g Pasta
- 140g Tin Tuna
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ tablespoons capers
- 20g Parmesan Cheese
- juice and zest of ½ lemon
- 35g rocket
- salt and pepper
- Put a pot of salty water on to boil.
- In a bowl mix together the tuna, olive oil, capers, parmesan cheese, lemon zest, a good squeeze of lemon juice and a good amount of freshly ground black pepper. Check the seasoning and add salt as needed.
- Cook the pasta as per the instructions but drain 1 - 2 minutes before it is finished. RESERVE some of that pasta water as you will need to use some of it to finish the cooking off of the pasta.
- Place the pasta back into the pot along with the tuna mixture and continue the cooking, add a spoonful of the pasta water as needed to stop the pasta from drying out. Give another good squeeze of lemon over the pasta, taste, add salt and pepper as needed and some more lemon juice as needed.
- Once finished, dish the pasta up, topped off with some fresh rocket.