Hi, today I am sharing an Apple Traybake for any apples that you may need to use up 🙂
Adding the demerara sugar to the top of this cake gives the top a lovely crunch, which I think just finishes the Apple Traybake off.
I really enjoy baking and when it is something that is really easy to do, especially while it is so hot, it is even better. Mixing all the ingredients together in one go and then just folding in the apple at the end is great.
On Tuesday I will be sharing a really easy salad, that do not involve any thing 🙂 how perfect is that!!!
Well, I hope you are able to spend some time in the kitchen this weekend. Let me know what you get up.
If you are like me and have other things planned this weekend, I hope you have a wonderful time and I will be back on Tuesday xx
- 250 g self-raising flour
- 225 g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 130 g butter melted
- 230 g Apple peeled, cored and chopped to roughly 1/2cm pieces
- 35 g demerara sugar
- Preheat the oven to 140°C and line a 20 x 20 cm tin with baking paper.
- In a mixer with a paddle attachment attached, place the flour, sugar, baking powder, eggs, butter, lemon juice and vanilla essence and mix until combined.
- Fold the chopped apple into the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and sprinkle the demerara sugar over the top
- Place in the oven and bake for 1 - 1 hr 15 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool for a couple of minutes before placing on a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Cut up into squares and serve