Asparagus Bacon Pasta
Hi, I hope you had a good weekend. Today I am sharing and easy Asparagus Bacon Pasta.
I have been loving asparagus this season and this week is Asparagus week 🙂
I will be sad when it is not as cheap as it is at the moment, it is so easy and quick to cook with. Plain asparagus with a cooked egg with just a bit of salt and pepper cracked over the top is also one of my favourite ways to eat asparagus.
What is your favourite way to eat asparagus?
As with many of the pasta recipes, you can use any pasta you prefer or have in the draw.
I hope you enjoy this pasta and have a great week xx
Asparagus and Bacon Pasta
- 200 g pasta
- 3 slices of bacon
- 20 g parmesan cheese grated
- 200 g asparagus cut into 1cm - 2cm pieces
- 2 spring onions roughly sliced
- 1 garlic clove copped finely
- 60 ml cream
- Put a pot of salty water on to boil.
- In a medium sized pan, cook the bacon until lovely and crispy. Remove from the pan and place to one side. Using all the lovely juices from the bacon, cook the garlic and spring onions for a few minutes and then add the asparagus and cook for 2 - 3 minutes with half the cream.
- Cook the pasta as per the instructions but remove 1 - 2 minutes before it is finished. Remove from the pot with the sieve or slotted spoon and add to the pan with the asparagus. Finish off the cooking in the pan, add the rest of the cream. (Add some of the pasta water if the pasta is looking a bit dry). Add some freshly ground black pepper and keep mixing the pasta so it cooks evenly. Once the pasta has finished cooking and the parmesan cheese and crumble the cooked bacon into the pasta, reserving some to place on the top when you serve..