Hi, how are you today? Today I am sharing an Aubergine Dip / Spread that can be put onto some bruschetta or eaten with some savoury biscuits.
This Aubergine Dip / Spread is a yummy change from your normal dips/ spreads that one tends to serve as a starter or a little nibble. It is not difficult to make! Maybe just a little time in needed to get the aubergine lovely and soft. The aubergine could be roasted in the oven if you preferred, however I find it easier and quicker to do on the stove.
Make sure that the aubergines are cooked through, as when they are not cooked enough they have a rubbery texture… and in my opinion are really not very appetizing then. What do you think of aubergines that are not cooked enough?
Let me know what you think of this Aubergine Dip / Spread and how it worked out for you 🙂
Today the weather seems to be cooler here…YAY. We actually had a little rain this morning, which of course make me very happy and they garden was very thankful too 🙂
Have you got something planned for this weekend? I’m not too sure what we will get up to but I somehow think that we will be taking it easy.
I hope you enjoy xx
- 2 medium red onions diced
- 2 cloves of garlic roughly chopped
- 2 Aubergine peeled and cut to roughly 1 cm cubes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- +/- 10 leaves of basil
- salt and pepper
- Bread of your choice such as french loaf a seeded loaf, crackers, bread stick, toast.
- In a pan, add a tablespoon of olive oil and cook the onions and garlic for a few minutes until translucent and soft. Add the aubergines and cook until they have become very soft, add some oil as needed.
- Using a stick blender, blend the aubergine mixture together, check the seasoning and add the basil leaves and give it another blend.
- Serve on top of your chosen bread, toast or crackers.