HI, so today I am sharing a really really easy recipe that can be put together in no time at all – Cheese Roll Ups.
You’re bread may be bigger than mine, mine was roughly 8cm x 9cm with the crust before I rolled it out.
Just add some more cheese, if your bread is larger than mine or even if you just want more cheese… go for it 🙂
You can easily cut these in half or in thirds and serve them as a little appetiser or if you have children over and they have the munchies these will be perfect for them. However, if you yourself have the munchies, i’m sure these will fill the spot 🙂
You can really play around with these Cheese Roll Ups and make them with more cheese, add some fresh herbs, use a mixture of cheeses and or use some cooked bacon.
I have just given you suggested amounts but you do not need to stick to them, they are really easy and take no time at all and i’m sure they will get polished off 🙂
I hope you enjoy xx
(recipe adapted slightly from DAMN DELICIOUS).
Cheese Roll Ups
- 10 slices of bread crusts trimmed
- 80 g fontina or cheddar cheese grated
- 30 g +/- butter or oil
- herbs dried or fresh
- ham or proscuitto crudo
- Use a rolling pin and roll the bread out to about 3mm thick.
- Place some grated cheese on top of each slice of bread (place some herbs and or some ham if using) and roll it up tightly.
- Place some butter in a medium pan on a medium heat, once the butter has melted place the Cheese Rolls Ups into the pan and cook until all the side have turned golden brown.
- Serve while still lovely and warm.