Hi, today I am sharing an Easy Chocolate Mousse with Raspberry Coulis that is super yummy and very easy to make.
When melting the chocolate be careful that the water in the pan does not touch the bowl. Keep the water on a gentle simmer and keep stirring the chocolate.
For the cream on top, if you prefer, you can just spoon the cream on top of the mousse instead of piping it, it up to you 🙂 . Enjoy and have fun making it!
I hope you have a wonderful weekend and able to give this Easy Chocolate Mousse with Raspberry Coulis a try, you won’t be sorry 🙂
Easy Chocolate Mousse with Raspberry Coulis
- 80 g wafer
- 150 g semi sweet chocolate 40 - 50%
- 500 ml cream
- FOR the COULIS
- 1 teaspoon lemon
- 125 g raspberries keep 4 raspberries aside to decorate with
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water
- mint leaves optional
- Using your hands crumble up the wafer into small crumbs and place at the bottom of your individual glasses.
- Place the chocolate in a bowl and place over a pan with simmering water, keep stirring the chocolate and once it has melted, place the melted chocolate to the side to cool.
- Whip 250ml of cream to soft peaks, fold the melted chocolate into the the cream and then divide the mousse up between the four glasses and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- To make the COULIS, place the raspberries in a small pan together with the lemon, sugar and water until the raspberries have broken down. Once they have broken pass the coulis through a sieve to remove the pips.
- Once the chocolate mousse has set, whip the remaining 250ml cream to soft peaks and place in a piping bag and pipe over the mousse.
- Place a raspberry in each glass and then take the coulis and dribble it over and around the cream.
- Place a little bit of mint in each glass and serve or place back in the fridge.