HI, how are you this fine day? Today I am sharing some super easy Fridge Biscuits.
These Fridge Biscuits are easy, quick and really tasty 🙂 there is hardly any thinking involved in making them and really not much can go wrong.
You can play around with the nuts and the dried fruit that you put in, if you have a bit of this and that left over and want to use it up, theses are perfect for just that. You can use some prunes, dates, cranberries, apricots, raisins, peaches, cherries a mixture of what you have will do just fine and the same goes with the nuts.
For the biscuits I like to leave some bigger pieces and some small pieces so when you are bashing them, just be careful that you don’t over do it 🙂
I hope you enjoy these Fridge biscuits, they are quite moorish so you may have to watch yourself with them 🙂 🙂
We are going to be having some really hot weather here again, so I think I will not be spending too much time in my kitchen this weekend… well not with the oven turned on anyway.
Have a great day and enjoy xx
- 250 g digestive biscuits
- 150 g milk chocolate
- 150 g dark chocolate
- 100 g butter
- 150 g golden syrup
- 100 g nuts roughly chopped
- 150 g dried fruit roughly chopped
- Line a 23cm x 23cm tin with cling film, leaving extra cling film to hang over the sides.
- Place the digestive biscuits in a plastic bag and using a rolling pin bash the biscuits into pieces.
- In a heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water, melt the butter, chocolate and golden syrup, stirring occasionally.
- Once everything has melted and come together, remove from the heat and add the broken biscuits, nuts and dried fruit and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and using the back of the spoon level the surface out a bit.
- Leave to cool and then place in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Remove from the tin and cut into squares.