Hi, I hope you had a good weekend. Today I am sharing one of my favourite soups 🙂 Leek and Potato Soup, this soup is so easy to make and only takes about 30 minute…for such a tasty soup, I think that is great.
I have made this Leek and Potato Soup on quite a few occasions and it never fails to impress. This soup is from a book called Lucy’s Food: Minimum Effort, Maximum Impact!. I love this book and have done quite a few recipes from it too, it is definitely one of my go to books. Minimum Effort, Maximum Impact what is not great about that. It is great for during the week cooking and for when you are having guest over and would like to make something that looks and tastes like you have been cooking all day 🙂
Serve this Leek and Potato Soup with some lovely home made bread or some bought bread. When dishing up give a little whirl of cream and some freshly cracked black pepper to the top.
I hope you enjoy and have a good week xx
(recipe from: Lucy’s Food: Minimum Effort, Maximum Impact!)
Leek and Potato Soup
- 25 g butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 large leeks Halved lengthways and sliced
- 1 large potato peeled and chopped
- 1/2 litre full fat milk
- 1/2 litre chicken stock or vegetable stock
- Bread for serving
- In a medium to large saucepan place the butter, oil, leeks and 1 tablespoon of water. Cover with the lid and cook for 5 minutes, giving a stir every now and then.
- Add the remaining ingredients except for the cream, bring to the boil and then simmer for about 25 minutes or until all the vegetables are cooked.
- Using a stick blender, blend the soup until you have a smooth texture. Check and adjust seasoning.
- Add a dash of cream to the soup if you would like.
- Serve with some lovely toasted bread.