Nutella Banana Muffins
Hi, Today I am sharing some delicious Nutella Banana Muffins 🙂
Do you like bananas? and how about Nutella? If you like both you must give these Nutella Banana Muffins a try 🙂
When you are dividing the mixture up make sure that you have enough mixture left to cover the nutella, you will not need as much mixture as you place at the bottom of the muffin.
These muffins are so easy to make and I’m sure that they will go down so well too. You are also able to freeze them and keep some for another time when you feel like a little pick me up 🙂
I love how the nutella, make a sneaky way through the muffin and shows itself at the top. I really love banana bread and combining banana and nutella seemed like a great idea and I had to give it a try.
I have tried many different banana bread recipes, one recipe that I use to make often was a recipe by Nigella Lawson. She used bananas and coco powder to make her muffins and they always turned out great.
Make sure your bananas are really ripe and pretty black on the outside, they make the best banana muffins. I always tell my husband not to eat the bananas and then each passing day he say’s ‘and so’, I always say they are not ready yet and then finally about a week so so later I finally use them. He always seems pretty satisfied with the results 🙂
I hope you haven’t got too much to do this weekend and are able to do some baking 😉
Nutella Banana Muffins
- 250 g self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 100 g demerara sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 125 ml vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 ripe bananas mashed
- 90 ml nutella
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and place 12 muffin liners into a muffin tin.
- In a mixer with a paddle attachment attached, place the flour, sugar, baking powder, eggs, oil, milk and vanilla essence and mix until combined.
- Fold the mashed banana into the mixture.
- Add a tablespoon of the mixture to each muffin case and then place 1/2 a tablespoon of nutella in the centre on top of the mixture in the muffin case. Divide the remaining mixture between the 12 muffin cases on top of the nutella.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 - 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool for a couple of minutes before placing on a cooling rack to cool completely.