Hi, Today I am sharing some Nutella Cherry Biscuits that i’m sure you will not be able to resist 🙂
I used mixed chocolate chips in my biscuits but you can also just use one type or even roughly cut some chocolate and use that instead.
You could also use glacier cherries instead of maraschino cherries. Maraschino cherries have quite a big flavour but lets not pretend thats not a good thing 🙂 You can add a whole cherry to your biscuit but then I would suggest that you make the biscuits a bit bigger in size.
These Nutella Cherry Biscuits do not take long at all to bake and they may remind you a bit of a brownie in texture too, they are really tasty. Be careful when melting the butter and nutella that you do not burn the mixture. Keep your eye on it and keep stirring and remove from the heat when all the butter has melted and the nutella has warmed through.
I think we are going to have some good weather this weekend but I am not sure what we will be getting up to 🙂 Have you got something planned?
I hope you have a wonderful weekend, enjoy xx
These Nutella Cherry Biscuits were inspired and adapted from The Girl Who Ate Everything.
Nutella Cherry Biscuits
- 200 g Nutella
- 50 g Butter
- 1 egg
- 170 g plain flour
- 60 g mixed chocolate chips
- 60 g demerara sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 12 amarena cherries or maraschino cherries halved and drained
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Place the butter and nutella in a small pan and heat up until the butter has melted mix until it is all well combined and remove from the heat.
- Add the sugar, allow to cool for a few minutes and then add the egg and mix until well combined.
- Combine the baking powder, flour and salt and add to the nutella mixture. Add the chocolate chips to the mixture and mix through.
- Take 1 tablespoon of the mixture and flatten it out a bit and then add the halved cherry in the middle, fold the mixture over the cherry and then roll into a ball. Place the balls on the baking paper without touching each other and place in the oven for 8 - 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before placing on a cooling rack.