Hi, so it is Friday and today I am sharing a recipe for Passionfruit Melting Moments.
When making the balls it really helps if you have left the dough in the fridge, especially if the weather is hot. It make it much easier to work with the dough. You could even make the dough up the day before and then cook the Passionfruit Melting Moments the following day.
When cooking the biscuits, make sure you do not over cook them. They are ready when they are very lightly coloured. You could if you wanted to just serve the biscuits as is, you do not need to make the filling if you don’t feel like it. They still taste amazing 🙂
If it is really hot, before you sandwich the biscuits together, place the biscuits with the filling on in the fridge for a bit. Otherwise the filling can be very soft and will run out of the biscuits when you sandwich them together.
To get the juice out of the passionfruit. Cut the passionfruit in half and scrape out the pulp. Place the pulp into a sieve over a bowl and using a spoon press and mix the pulp around to extract the juice and then discard the seeds.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend and enjoy xx
Recipe adapted from The Cook and Baker by Cherie Bevan and Tass Tauroa
Passionfruit Melting Moments
- Zest of 1 Orange
- 200 g unsalted butter softened
- 90 g icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 250 g plain flour
- 60 g cornflour
- 2 tablespoons passionfruit juice
- FOR THE FILLING
- 50 ml double cream
- 150 g icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon passionfruit juice
- Preheat the oven to 160°C and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- In a mixer, beat the butter and icing sugar until pale and creamy. Then add the orange zest, vanilla essence, passionfruit juice, cornflour and flour and mix until well combined.
- Place the dough in clingfilm and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Take tablespoonfuls measures of the dough and roll them into balls and place on the prepared baking trays. Slightly flatten the top of the balls with a fork.
- Place in the oven and cook for 10-15 minutes. Until very lightly coloured.
- Leave on the baking tray to cool.
- To Make THE FILLING
- Beat the cream, sugar and passionfruit juice together. Place in an piping bag, cut a hole at the bottom (use a small nozzle if you have one) and pipe some of the mixture onto half of the biscuits and then gently place a biscuit on top, creating a sandwich.