Hi, today I am sharing a recipe for Sheet Cake Cookies. I thought this was quite a good idea and wanted to share it with you 🙂
I wanted to add some mixed chocolate chips to my cookies, just to make them a bit more chocolatey 🙂 Do you think cookies be too chocolatey?
Do not over cook the cookies otherwise they will be dry and definitely not as moorish. I think these are great if you have children, as they an pick up one and not make a mess with cake crumbs being all over the house 🙂
This recipe has been adapted from Cookies and Cups blog like I said before I think Sheet Cake Cookies are a great idea, quite easily digested, fills that little chocolate craving and are easy to whip up 🙂
I hope you enjoy xx
Sheet Cake Cookies
- 115 g butter room temperature
- 80 g cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 225 g flour
- 85 g dark chocolate melted
- 50 g mixed chocolate chips optional
- For the Icing
- 50 g butter
- 2 Tablespoons coco powder
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- 190 g icing sugar
- Heat the oven to 180° and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Using a mixer beat the butter and sugar together until light, scraping down the sides frequently.
- Add the egg and vanilla and continue mixing until incorporated, then mix in the baking powder and salt.
- Slowly add the flour to the mixture. The dough will be thick.
- Mix in the melted chocolate directly into the cookie dough until evenly mixed (this can be done in the microwave or in a heat proof bowl over a pot of boiling water)
- Using a tablespoon measure, measure out the dough and roll into little balls and place onto a baking sheet.
- If adding the mixed chocolate chips, push down the centre of the dough add a few chocolate chips, fold edges in and roll lightly between hands.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes until cookies just appear set. They will still be very soft on the inside. DO NOT overbake!!
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- For the Icing
- In a medium pot combine the butter, cocoa powder and milk over a medium heat, whisking until it is all melted together. Remove from heat and whisk in powdered sugar.
- Pour the icing over cookies and allow icing to set before serving.