Hi, I hope you are having a good week. Today I am sharing some yummy Strawberry Cupcakes 🙂
Strawberries are one of my favourite, well my favourite fruit and with them all over the shops at the moment I could not resist baking something. I decided on baking some Strawberry Cupcakes.
When piping the cream onto the cupcake, place the cream in the piping bag and then cut the whole at the bottom. Cut the hole smaller to start with as you can always make it bigger if you need to. You don’t even have to pipe the cream on the cupcake you can just serve it next the the Strawberry Cupcake if you prefer.
These Strawberry Cupcakes are really easy to make, mashing the strawberries up like you would do for banana bread is really important before folding them into the mixture, as they can release a bit of water and have an effect on the cupcake in the end. They may end up sinking after you take them out of the oven.
I hope you enjoy xx
(recipe adapted from LOLA’S Forever: Recipes for cupcakes, cakes and slices and inspired from food.com – Berry-Smash Muffins).
- 175 g butter
- 170 g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 250 g self raising flour
- 170 g plain full fat yoghurt
- 150 g strawberries roughly chopped into 1cm cubes
- FOR THE CREAM TOPPING
- 500 ml cream
- 200 g Strawberries chopped really small
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a cupcake tin with 18 cupcake cases.
- Mash the chopped strawberries like you would a banana.
- Place the butter and sugar into a bowl of a stand mixer or use a hand mixer and beat until light and fluffy. Every now and then, using a spatula scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- On a low speed add one egg and 1 tablespoon of flour at a time until well incorporated and then add the remaining flour, baking powder and the vanilla essence.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the the yoghurt.
- Fold in the mashed strawberries and divide the mixture between the 18 cupcake cases.
- Place in the oven and cook for 20 -25 minutes. Test with a skewer to make sure they are cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before removing them from the tin and placing them on a cooling rack to cool.
- To Make the CREAM TOPPING
- In a large bowl, add the cream, caster sugar and vanilla essence and beat until firm peaks form but be careful not to over beat.
- Fold in most of the strawberries but keep some aside to decorate the cupcakes with.
- Place the cream mixture in a piping bag and cut a hole in the bottom of the bag and then pipe the cream on the cupcakes.
- Decorate with the remaining strawberries.