Hi, today I am sharing an Aubergine Sun-dried Tomato Pasta for any aubergines that you may have left in your fridge 🙂
As summer has come to an end, you may be wondering what to do with that aubergine that is lying in your fridge. This Aubergine Sun-dried Tomato Pasta is really easy and very yummy too. You could also make this aubergine mixture and place it on top of some bruschetta as I have done here in a previous post Aubergine Dip.
The aubergine could be roasted in the oven if you preferred however, I find it easier and quicker to do on the stove. Make sure that you cook the aubergine long enough until they have become lovely and soft. If the aubergine has not been cooked long enough they will be rubbery in texture.
Any pasta can be used for this pasta, I used rigatoni for this Aubergine Sun-dried Tomato Pasta. I would suggest any pasta where the sauce can get caught in 🙂
So you may have been wondering where I vanished to… well our little baby girl was born. We have been adapting to our new life and spending as much time with our little girl as possible. She has already changed so much in the short time she has been with us and I am trying to cherish all these special moments that pass by so quickly.
I hope you enjoy xx
- 200g pasta
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 aubergine, cut roughly into 1cm cubes
- 4+ tablespoon olive oil
- 100g sun dried tomatoes
- handful of basil
- salt and pepper
- Put a pot of salty water on to boil.
- In a large pan heat a tablespoon of olive oil up, add the onion and cook until they are turning translucent. Move the onion to the side of the pan and add some more oil. Place the cut aubergine in the pan, sprinkle over some salt and cook them until they have turned lovely and soft, add more oil as needed.
- Using a stick blender, blend the aubergine mixture together. Check the seasoning and add the sun-dried tomatoes and basil leaves and give it another blend.
- Cook the pasta as per the instructions but drain 1 - 2 minutes before it is finished. RESERVE some of that pasta water as you will need to use some of it to finish the cooking off of the pasta.
- Place the pasta back into the pot along with the aubergine mixture and continue the cooking, add a spoonful of the pasta water as needed to stop the pasta from drying out. Add salt, pepper and a little olive oil as needed.
- Serve and enjoy