Have you ever wanted to do something a little different to the usual rice or potatoes. How about giving this Baked Polenta with Gorgonzola a try 🙂
If you would like to add more gorgonzola, go for it … it won’t do any harm 🙂 . You could even be more casual if you wish, instead of making the polenta in a baking tray and cutting it up, place it straight into an appropriate oven dish and the serve straight from there once ready.
The polenta that I used needed to cook for 20 – 30 minutes and I used 1.5 litres of salty water for 150g of polenta, stirring continuously while cooking. The polenta can easily be made the day before.
I hope you enjoy xx
Baked Polenta with Gorgonzola
- 150 g polenta
- 150 g gorgonzola
- chives handful chopped
- salt and pepper
- Cook the polenta as per the instructions.
- Cover a baking tray with baking paper and pour the polenta into the tray, allow to cool and set.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C
- Grind some black pepper over the polenta once set, break up the gorgonzola and place all over the polenta.
- Place in the oven and cook for about 20 minutes, remove and allow to cool a bit before cutting into squares. Sprinkle over the chopped chives and serve.