Good Morning, today I am sharing a short post for some yummy little savoury Cheese and Jam Biscuits.
These biscuits are really easy to make and if you like Cheese and Jam together you must give these Biscuits a try.
When you are making the little hole in the balls make sure that you do not push the wooden spoon handle right the way through to the bottom of the biscuit. You may also want to give a little wiggle to the spoon to make the hole a little wider.
Fo this recipe I used 2 different cheeses but if you only have one in the fridge say cheddar, just use that instead but I would not use 130g of parmesan cheese.
I hope you have a lovely weekend and have some time to be in the kitchen to make these little biscuits, they are a lovely short and tasty biscuit and are really worth a try.
I hope you enjoy xx
Cheese and Jam Biscuits
- 150 g plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 80 g fontina or cheddar cheese finely grated
- 50 g parmesan cheese finely grated
- 130 g butter chilled
- 3 tablespoons fine apricot jam
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift the flour, baking powder and salt and add the grated cheeses and mix all together.
- Grate the chilled butter coarsely and add it to the mixing bowl, rub it into the dry ingredients, until it all comes together to form a dough.
- Wrap in clingfilm and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Divide the dough into 30 equal sized balls and place on a baking sheet with baking parchment.
- Use the back end of a wooden spoon handle to make a hole in the centre of each biscuit.
- Fill each hole with apricot jam and bake for 10 minutes. Reduce the oven to 160°C and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool for a few minutes then place on a cooling rack to cool completely.