This salad is super easy and tastes really good. You doesn’t have to add too much to it nor spend ages in front of the stove.
There are may things that you can do to this recipe and it will still taste yummy such as adding cherry tomatoes.
Chickpea and Couscous Salad
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas trained and rinsed
- 40 g pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 red onion
- 1 large or 2 smaller pieces if celery
- 100 g couscous
- 110 g water
- 1 tablespoon apple cider
- salt and pepper
- Add all the spice to a pan and fry for a minute and then add the oil, chickpeas, pine nuts and a pinch of salt . Mix it all up well so the chickpeas are nicely coated in all the spices cook for 10 min but remember to stir in between getting the other ingredients ready.
- Roughly chop up the onion, and celery, while the chickpeas are in the pan.
- Remove the chickpeas from the heat and place them in a bowl.
- In the same pan add the onion to the left over oil and spice and cook for about 5 min.
- Add the couscous to the same pan with the water, apple cider and a squeeze of lemon, cook until the couscous in done (add water if needed).
- Add the celery, chopped chives and the chickpea mixture to the couscous pan and mix all it all together.
- Poor into your serving dish and enjoy.