Hi, I hope you had a good weekend. Today I am sharing a Potato Salad that is very tasty and easy to make.
This Potato Salad is really yummy and can be served with anything. If you like raw onion and garlic, you can just add them straight into the salad without cooking them. I prefer mine to cook my a bit first as it brings out the sweetness more. I then am not left with a ‘funny’ taste in my mouth either 🙂
Did you have a good weekend? We have had an easy weekend, as it has been too hot. It has been in the early 30ties here, so the fan and a cold shower have been my best friend at the moment :). I do hope it will cool down but lets face it, it’s summer!!! So I think I will be out of luck.
I hope you enjoy and have a good week ahead of you xx
Recipe adapted from A Lebanese Feast of Vegetables, Pulses, Herbs and Spices by Mona Hamadeh
- 1 kg baby potatoes
- 1 large red onion finely diced
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil + extra to cook the onions
- 10 leaves fresh mint roughly chopped
- salt and pepper
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salty water for 15 minutes or until cooked through but do not overcook.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, drain and set aside to cool.
- In a pan, add some oil and cook the garlic and onion until translucent. Then transfer into your serving dish. Cut the cooked potatoes up and place into your serving bowl and mix together with the onions.
- In a small bowl, mix the lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper and mix. Pour it over the potatoes and give the potatoes another mix to coat the potatoes.