I did this Delicious Roast Cauliflower and Pomegranate Salad for New Year and it was really yummy so I wanted to share it with you all.
This recipe is really easy you don’t have to do too much to end up with a lovely salad. Turn the oven, chop up the vegetables and get the dressing ready. But if you are like me, you may just have to clean the floor. When I was getting my pomegranate ready of course when I was breaking it open half of it slipped out of my hand and went flying across the floor… seeds and juice all over! At least Lola (our little dog) was very thankful :).
I was looking through my books for some ideas of what salads I could do for New Year and this Roast Cauliflower and Pomegranate Salad was in a book called Jerusalem by Yotam Ottolenghi, I also have the book Plenty by the same author which I really love. I did not want to do an ordinary salad that I had done before and that our friends had tried, I wanted to serve something a little different and this was perfect.
I think it is the lovely dressing that makes this salad, I had never done a dressing like this before and though it was different and that you might like it. Cauliflower is so versatile and is a vegetable that has become very popular now. The beautiful cinnamon and all spice dressing coats the cauliflower beautifully and then the tiny bit of maple syrup adds just the right amount of sweetness.
I hope that you have had a good day and give this salad a try xx
(Do you have any books by this author and what do you think? I love Plenty and have made a few recipes from that book, Jerusalem is also lovely but I have not cooked as much from that book. There is Plenty more which I have looked at a few times and have wondered about getting, I don’t think I will be getting Nopi, as to source ingredients is a bit too much of an effort here).
(Recipe adapted from Jerusalem – Yotam Ottolenghi and Sami Tamimi)
Delicious Roast Cauliflower and Pomegranate Salad
- 1 Large Cauliflower cut into small florets
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 sticks of celery 100g, sliced at an angle
- 30 g hazelnuts
- handful of parsley roughly chopped
- 70 g pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 tablespoon red vine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons maple syrup
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Place the cauliflower florets into a bowl and mix with 4 tablespoons olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon of salt and some pepper. Spread out the Cauliflower on a baking tray and place in the oven for 20 - 30 minutes or until the cauliflower has some golden brown colour and some parts have turned a bit crispy. Remove from the oven and place in your serving bowl to cool down a bit.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 150°C. Place the hazelnuts in a small roasting dish and roast for 10 - 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool and then roughly chop then up.
- Mix the celery, pomegranate, hazelnuts and parsley together with the cauliflower.
- In a small dish mix the rest of the ingredients together and then poor it over the salad and give it a lovely toss.