Hi, today I am sharing a recipe for Creamy Tomato Soup with Sundried Tomato Pesto.
I love the colour of this Creamy Tomato Soup with Sundried Tomato Pesto and especially for this time of year too. I don’t think that you can beat a good bowl of soup for this time of year. This soup is really easy to make and has a lovely comforting flavour too.
I’m sorry for my delay in posts, I am away at the moment and things have been a bit hectic. I hope to have a bit of regularity until just after Christmas and then I will be back in the new year again.
I hope you have a great weekend xxx
Recipe inspired from Gordon Ramsay’s Ultimate Home Cooking
Creamy Tomato Soup with Sundried Tomato Pesto
- 2 red onions peeled and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and finely sliced
- 1 ⁄2–1 tsp cayenne pepper to taste
- 1.5 kg ripe tomatoes cored and halved
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 litre vegetable or chicken stock
- 100 ml double cream
- 75 g sundried tomato pesto
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Place the tomatoes on a baking tray, coat with olive oil and season with a pinch of salt, pepper . Stir well and place in the oven for 20–25 minutes.
- In a large pot, on a medium heat place 2 tablespoons of olive oil add the onions and cook until they have turned translucent. Add the garlic and cayenne pepper and cook for roughly another 5 minutes.
- Once the tomatoes have finished cooking, pour the tomatoes and all the juices into the pot with the cooked onions. Add the sundried pesto. Pour in the stock and bring to the boil. Simmer for a few minutes minutes and then add the cream.
- Using a stick blender, blend the soup until smooth.
- Serve warm with some croutons or some bread.