I can’t remember where I originally saw this lemon pasta recipe but I have been making it for a while now as it is so easy and I nearly always have the ingredients in the fridge. Anything that has cream in it has to be good, right?
A little bit of nutmeg just adds that little extra to the dish. Use any pasta that you have lying in your draw, if you have a shell past give that a go as all the creamy lemon sauce will get collected in the shell, and when you eat it, your mouth will thank you for the burst of flavour.
You can add as much or a little lemon as you wish. Not every lemon is the same so just adjust as you go.
Remember to drain the pasta 1 minute before it is ready and finish the cooking in the pan with the cream sauce.
Easy Lemon Pasta
- 200 g Spaghetti
- 1/2 lemon zest + Juice
- 125 ml cream
- 25 g parmesan grated
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and add your pasta.
- On a medium heat put your oil, lemon zest, lemon juice and a dash of cream in a medium pan let it simmer for a few minutes until it starts to thicken.
- Once the sauce has thickened add the rest of the cream some nutmeg, pepper and salt, bring it to a simmer again then turn down the heat.
- Once the pasta has a minute of cooking time remaining drain it and add it to the cream sauce. Turn the heat up and coat the pasta in the sauce, add the parmesan and mix everything together.
- Serve with some pepper and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.