I am not one of those people who plan a menu one day before I have guest over, I prefer to take my time, page through my books to see what I can find and what tickles my fancy.
However whether you are having guest over or not, these new potatoes baked with gorgonzola will sure be a winner.
There is not much effort that needs to go into this dish, a tiny bit of mixing then place all the ingredients into the dish and in the oven it goes.
Do you not just love the way that gorgonzola adds so much flavour to a dish. I often say that gorgonzola makes everything better.
When these new potatoes are baked they have a wonderful fluffy texture and with this cheesy sauce they are simply delicious.
Serve it with a simple salad, I just used watercress with some walnuts, you can drizzle over some of the juices from the potato bake.
Baked New Potatoes with Gorgonzola
- 600 g new potatoes washed
- 220 g gorgonzola
- 140 ml milk
- 25 g parmesan cheese grated
- 100 g cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220°C
- Place the baby potatoes in a 25cm ovenproof dish. Squeeze the halved tomatoes into any little gaps.
- In a medium bowl, cut the gorgonzola into small pieces, pour in the milk and then mix it together so the gorgonzola breaks up. Add the oregano some pepper and a tiny bit of salt then pour it over the potatoes.
- Sprinkle over the parmesan cheese and bake for about 40 minutes.
- Serve with a side salad