The choice of nougat at this time of year is wonderful there are so many different flavours that one can choose from. For this recipe you just need a simple nougat to make these nougat muffins.
The use of yoghurt in this recipe is definitely not to try and make the muffins more healthy but to rather add to the flavour and moisture to theses muffins.
The nougat that I have use in this recipe was a simple almond one. Don’t worry about getting all the pieces of the nougat small, it better to have them all different sizes.
If you think that your mixture is very thick add a bit more milk.
Adding some lovely honey to the top of these muffins really finish them off beautifully, I like to add my honey while the muffins are still warm as it helps to to slowly run over the top of the muffin.
I hope you enjoy xx
- 120 g Nougat
- 100 g demerara sugar
- 200 g self raising flour
- 100 g butter
- 100 g full fat Greek yoghurt
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons milk
- Preheat your oven to 180°C and line 12 muffin tins
- In a food processor, process the the nougat until it is all roughly chopped up.
- Cream the butter and sugar together, then add one egg at a time mixing well between each one. Mix in the yoghurt the mix in self raising flour and milk. Lastly fold in 100g of the nougat.
- Divide the mixture up into the 12 muffin cases, place in the oven and cook for 15 - 20 minutes
- Once ready remove the muffins from the oven and place them all onto a cooling rack. Drizzle with honey and sprinkle over the left over nougat.