Hi, today I am sharing a short and yummy post for Pasta with Porcini Sausage and Leeks.
We all need those tasty and quick pasta recipes and this Pasta with Porcini Sausage and Leeks is no exception. The porcini mushroom adds so much yummy flavour, you will always find a packet of dried porcini lurking somewhere in my draw. Adding some fresh chilly or chilly flakes is also very yummy addition to this pasta.
I hope you enjoy this easy pasta and have a fantastic week xx
Recipe adapted from A Taste of the Sun: Gino’s Italian Escape (Book 2)
Pasta with Porcini Sausage and Leeks
- 200 g pasta
- 200 g pork mince
- 1 small leek
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 g dried porcini
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 3 stems fresh thyme
- red chill finely chopped (optional)
- 50 ml white wine
- 100 ml cream
- handful fresh parsley
- salt & pepper
- Put a pot of salty water on to boil.
- In a small bowl add the dried porcini and cover with a small amount of boiling water. Once the mushrooms have softened roughly chop them up but reserve the water.
- In a large pan fry heat up the oil and cook the pork mince and leek for about 10 minutes, braking up the mine while cooking.
- Add that thyme, fennel seeds, porcini, chilly (add to your taste) and season with some salt and pepper give it a little mix. Pour in the wine and continue to cook for a few more minuted. Add the cream, mix everything up and cook foe about 2 - 3 minutes on a low heat.
- Cook the pasta as per the instructions but drain 1 - 2 minutes before it is finished. RESERVE some of that pasta water as you will need to use some of it to finish the cooking off of the pasta.
- Place the pasta into the pan with the sausage mixture and continue the cooking, add a spoonful of the porcini water (or pasta water) as needed to stop the pasta from drying out.
- Add salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve with some parsley sprinkled over the top.