Hi, I hope you are having a great day. Today I am sharing an easy Pea Ricotta Bruschetta.
This Pea Ricotta Bruschetta is really easy and can be made for so many occasions. You do not need to add the mixed sprouts and even if you don’t have bacon in the fridge or you are a vegetarian you can leave the bacon out, just check the seasoning as the bacon does add a bit of saltiness to the topping.
You could just serve this as a dip too. Instead of making them up into individual bruschetta, place the pea and ricotta mixture into to a small dish and serve it with a variety of crackers.
Did you have a good weekend? Yesterday (Monday) was a holiday here in Italy as it is classified as the middle of summer – called Ferragosto.
We went out for a little walk around a little castle and there happened to be a band playing swing music, it was very lovely and enjoyable to watch.
I hope you enjoy and let me know what you think xx
Pea Ricotta Bruschetta
- 100 g frozen peas defrosted and blanched
- 50 g ricotta
- 25 g almonds
- zest of half a lemon + some juice
- 5 g basil leaves
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 slices of seeded bread loaf toasted
- 2 small slices of bacon
- mixture of sprouts optional
- salt and pepper
- Lightly toast the almonds in a pan. Using a hand blender, blend the almonds, ricotta, 1/2 the peas, olive oil, basil leaves, lemon zest and a small squirt of lemon juice. Check the seasoning.
- Add the rest of the peas and give a quick blend, don't over blend.
- Cook the bacon until nice and crispy and break it up and place in a bowl.
- Place some of the pea mixture on your chosen toasted bread, topped of with some bacon bits and if using sprinkle some mixed sprouts on top.