Hi, today is Friday again and today I am sharing Pear, Bacon and Gorgonzola Puffs that are really easy to make and very moreish 🙂
If you prefer to cut your pastry up into squares that is fine, you basically just want 12 pieces of cut pastry to line your muffin tin. As the pastry will shrink a little you want the pastry to just be coming over each of the muffin tins.
If the cheese is making the pastry to stick to the tin after it has cooked, using a little sharp knife, carefully loosen from the side of the tin and place on the wire wrack to cool.
You want the Pear, Bacon and Gorgonzola Puffs to cool just a bit before you add your chosen salad topping.
I hope you had a lovely Easter last weekend, I cant believe it is Friday again. It’s also the 1st of April today … time is flying by. I hope you have a great month and I hope you enjoy xx
(Inspired by a post by Kitchen Konfidence)
Pear, Bacon and Gorgonzola Puffs
- 1 packet puff pastry
- 1 medium red onion diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 100 g gorgonzola
- 1 large ripe pear core removed and diced
- 80 g bacon diced
- 1 - 2 stalks of fresh thyme
- 30 g walnuts roughly chopped
- fresh salad or rocket
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- In a large pan, on a medium heat add the olive oil and cook the onion until soft and translucent. Add the bacon and thyme and cook until just cooked then add the chopped pear and cook until some of the juices start to release from the chopped pear. (If your pear is not very ripe add the chopped pear to the onion before the bacon and cook for a little longer). Add the walnuts and season with a little salt and a good amount of black pepper. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Lightly grease 12 muffin tins.
- Using a 10cm round cutter, cut 12 circles from the pastry. Stretch each pastry circle out a bit with your fingers and then place inside each the muffin tins and push the pastry down carefully into the muffin tin.
- Divide the onion and pear mixture up between the 12 muffin tins. Grind some black pepper on top of the filling and then place some gorgonzola on top.
- Place in the oven and cook for about 15 - 20 minutes or until lovely and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and place on a cooking rack for a few minutes. Once cooled a bit place some salad or rocket on top of each puff.