Hi, I hope you had a wonderful weekend. Today I am sharing a short post of a Spicy Spinach and Cannellini Bean Stew.
This stew is really easy to make and can easily be done in 30 minutes. I came across this stew the other day as I had some spinach in my fridge that I wanted to use. The other ingredients I normally always have in my draw of freezer, so I gave it a try and it was delicious. I really liked the chilli in it as it just gave it that little kick. Add chilli flakes to your tasting as everyone is different I did not specify an amount but even if you don’t like chilly, try just adding the smallest amount 🙂
Have a great week and I hope you enjoy this simple stew xx
(Adapted slightly from Gino D’Acampo – A Taste of the Sun: Gino’s Italian Escape (Book 2))
Spicy Spinach and Cannellini Bean Stew
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion diced
- chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 x 400g tin tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 140 g frozen peas
- 1 x 400g Cannellini beans drained
- 150 g baby spinach
- salt and pepper
- In a medium to pot, heat the oil and fry the onions until soft and translucent. Add the chilli flakes (to your taste), cumin and cook for a minute. Add the tomatoes, squeezing them between you hand or cutting them before you add them, add the balsamic vinegar and a bit of salt. Add about 1/3 of water to the tomato tin and pour that in.
- Once the tomatoes have heated through add the frozen peas, cook for about 2 minutes and then add the drained cannellini beans and cook for about 5 minutes. Check the seasoning. Add some more water if you want it a bit more liquidy.
- Add the spinach and cook for about 5 minutes or until all the spinach in lovely and soft.