HI, Today I am sharing an easy recipe for some Chocolate Oat Slices. We always need those recipes that do not take a lot of work and you end up with something yummy at the end.
I find traybakes really easy and although this has layers, it is still really easy, great as a little snack and cost effective too. I really like sweet things with oats in them maybe, I have oats and honey for my breakfast too 🙂
Do you have a favourite traybake? In Mary Berry’s Baking Bible she has a few cake traybakes that I have used many times and they are great.
I hope you have had a great weekend, we will just be having an easy weekend as we got back from the mountains on Tuesday and I am still trying to sort things out 🙂 🙂
I hope you enjoy xx
Recipe adapted by my mom from allrecipes.co.uk
- 120g porridge oats
- 60g plain flour
- 60g wholemeal flour
- 80g light brown sugar
- 110g butter, softened
- 1 (397g) tin condensed milk
- 100g walnuts, chopped
- 175g milk chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 20 x 30cm baking tin.
- In large bowl, combine the oats, flours, brown sugar and butter the mixture should resemble crumbs. Reserve 6 to 8 tablespoons of the oat mixture and press the remainder on the bottom of the prepared tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Pour all of the condensed milk evenly over the baked base. Sprinkle the nuts and chocolate over the top. Finish off with the reserved oat mixture and press down firmly.
- Bake for a further 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely before cutting into small squares or slices.